Mystery readers, fans, writers and enthusiasts will be converging on San Diego Aug. 30 to Sept. 3, to vote for Anthony Award Winners at the annual Bouchercon. Winners will be announced at at Sept. 2 banquet.
Nominees in the various categories are listed below.
The event will feature six guests of honor:
- Lifetime Guest of Honor David Baldacci, author of 48 novels, all of which have been national and international best sellers.
- National Guest of Honor multiple award-winning C. J. Box, author of 30 novels, including the Joe Pickett series.
- Cozy Guest of Honor Kate Carlisle, author of the Bibliophile Mysteries and the Fixer-Upper Mysteries.
- International Guest of Honor Ann Cleeves, whose novels include ones that have been adapted for the television series “Vera,” “Shetland” and “The Long Call.”
- Fan Guest of Honor Dru Ann Love, creator of a blog, “dru’s book musings” intended to introduce readers to authors and their work.
- Regional Guest of Honor Jacqueline Winspear, the author of the 17-book, award-winning Maisie Dobbs historical mystery series.
Toastmaster for the evening will be Naomi Hirahara, an Edgar Award-winning author of several mystery series and noir short stories. Her work includes the Mas Arai mysteries, the Leilani Santiago Hawai’i mystery series and a historical mystery series following a Japanese American family’s move to Chicago in 1944 after being released from a California wartime detention center.
- LIKE A SISTER by Kellye Garrett
- A WORLD OF CURIOSITIES, Louise Penny
- THE DEVIL TAKES YOU HOME, Gabino Iglesias
- THE MAID, Nita Prose
- THE BULLET THAT MISSED, Richard Osman
- SECRET IDENTITY, Alex Segura
Best Paperback / Ebook / Audiobook
- REAL BAD THINGS by Kelly J. Ford
- DEAD DROP, James L’Etoile
- THE QUARRY GIRLS, Jess Lourey
- HUSH HUSH, Gabriel Jaljan
- IN THE DARK WE FORGET, Sandra SG Wong
Best First Novel
- DON’T KNOW TOUGH by Eli Cranor
- DEVIL’S CHEW TOY, Rob Osler
- SHUTTER, Ramona Emerson
- THE BANGALORE DETECTIVES CLUB, Harini Nagendra
- THE MAID, Nita Prose
- BAYOU BOOK THIEF by Ellen Byron
- DEATH BY BUBBLE TEA, Jennifer J. Chow
- A STREETCAR NAMED MURDER, T. G. Herren
- SCOT IN A TRAP, Catriona McPherson
- CALYPSO, CORPSES AND COOKING, Raquel V. Reyes
- THE LINDBERGH NANNY by Mariah Fredericks
- DANGER ON THE ATLANTIC Erica Ruth Neubauer
- IN PLACE OF FEAR, Catriona McPherson
- UNDER A VEILED MOON, Karen Odden
- ANYWHERE YOU RUN, Wanda M. Morris
- LAVENDER HOUSE, Lev A. C. Rosen
- IN MYRTLE PERIL by Elizabeth C. Bunce
- DAYBREAK ON RAVEN ISLAND, Fleur Bradley
- #SHEDESERVEDIT, Greg Herren
- THE NEW GIRL, Jesse Q. Sutanto
- VANISH ME, Lee Matthew Goldberg
- ENOLA HOLMES AND THE ELEGANT ESCAPADE, Nancy Springer
- THE ALASKAN BLONDE: SEX, SECRETS AND THE HOLLYWOOD STORY THAT SHOCKED AMERICA by James T. Bartlett
- THE LIFE OF CRIME: DETECTING THE HISTORY OF MYSTERIES AND THEIR CREATORS, Martin Edwards
- AMERiCAN DEMON: ELIOT NESS AND THE HUNT FOR AMERICA’S JACK THE RIPPER, Daniel Stashower
- PROMOPHOBIA: TAKING THE MYSTERY OUT OF PROMOTING CRIME FICTION, Diane Vallere, editor
- SCOUNDREL: HOW A CONVICTED MURDERER PERSUADED THE WOMEN WHO LOVED HIM, THE CONSERVATIVE ESTABLISHMENT, AND THE COURTS TO SET HIM FREE, Sarah Weinman
- AGATHA CHRISTIE: AN ELUSIVE WOMAN, Lucy Worsley
- LOW DOWN DIRTY VOTE VOLUME 3: THE COLOR OF MY VOTE, Mysti Berry, editor
- LAWYERS, GUNS AND MONEY: CRIME FICTION INSPIRED BY THE MUSIC OF WARREN ZEVON, Libby Cudmore and Art Taylor, editors
- LAND OF 10,000 THRILLS: Bouchercon anthology 2022, Greg Herren, Editor
- PARANOIA BLUES: CRIME FICTION INSPIRED BY THE SONGS OF PAUL SIMON, Josh Pachter, Editor
- CRIME HITS HOME: A COLLECTION OF STORIES FROM CRIME FICTIONS TOP AUTHORS, S. J. Rozan, Editor
Best Short Story
- “Still Crazy After All These Years” by E. A. Aymar, PARANOIA BLUES:CRIME FICTION INSPIRED BY THE SONGS OF PAL SIMON.
- “The Impediment,” Bruce Robert Coffin, DEADLY NIGHTSHADE: BEST NEW ENGLAND CRIME STORIES 2022.
- “Beauty and the Beyotch,” Barb Goffman, SHERLOCK HOLMES MYSTERY MAGAZINE, February 2022, Issue 29.
- “The Estate Sale,” Curtis Ippolito, VAUTRIN MAGAZINE, Summer 2022.
- “C.O.D.,” Gabriel Valjan, LOW DOWN DIRTY VOTE, VOLUME 3:THE COLOR OF MY VOTE